Telephone: 01539 720400
How do we collect your information and how do we use it?
We collect information from you when you use our website. For example, via Google Analytics, when you contact us about products and services, complete our contact form or if you register to receive regular updates. The personal information we may collect from you can include your name, address, email address, IP address, information regarding what pages you visit and when, questions and comments sent to us via our contact form and any information you provide if you email us directly. We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Offering and providing products and services.
- Notifying you of news, offers and information which we think may be of interest to you where you have granted us permission to do so.
- The monitoring of analytics and website usage.
- Providing you with a more personalised experience by analysing, segmenting and profiling our database and allowing us to target you with information we think you might be most interested in including products and services.
- To send you market research surveys for quality management purposes where you have granted us permission to do so.
Legal basis for processing your data. We undertake the activities above for the reasons below:
- Point 1 above – to fulfil any contractual obligations we may have when you make purchases from us.
- Points 2 & 5 above – on the basis of your consent.
- Points 3 & 4 above – in the pursuit of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation including the marketing and promotion of our brand, products, and services.
What do we do with your information and who has access to your information?
We may use your information to:
- process any orders that you have made;
- deal with submissions from our contact form;
- process requests for site registration;
- process requests for further information as well as anything we feel that may be of interest to you, such as promotions, new products, services and site updates, where you have granted us permission;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- carry out any contractual obligations between us;
- process entries resulting from online competitions and/or campaigns;
- solicit your views or comments on our website, products and services;
- process an employment application.
- We will not sell or rent your information or share it with other companies for the purposes of marketing.
We review our data retention periods on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information for as long as required for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any contract you hold with us. Also, we are legally required to hold some types of information to meet statutory obligations.
Your choices and rights
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01539 720400. You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted. You have the right to request the transfer of any personal data that you have provided to us onto another organisation in a safe and secure way. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data where the basis of the processing is our legitimate interests including but not limited to direct marketing and profiling. You have a right to information about how we are processing information about you. To exercise any of your rights, please inform us by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com, or write to us at: Armstrong Ward Lifestore, 8 Wainwrights Yard, Stricklandgate, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4DP. You can also telephone on 01539 720400.
How you can update your information
We take the accuracy of your information seriously and continue to work on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. If any of your information changes, for example your email address, or if any other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Armstrong Ward Lifestore, 8 Wainwrights Yard, Stricklandgate, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4DP. You can also telephone on 01539 720400.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
Armstrong Ward Lifestore are committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected. When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. We have implemented suitable physical, electronic and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Once we receive your information, we take all reasonable steps to ensure its security on our systems but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of sending information over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Applicable data protection law
Links to other websites
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy. If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.